Total members 11892 |It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:01 pm Login / Join Codemiles

Java

C/C++

PHP

C#

HTML

CSS

ASP

Javascript

JQuery

AJAX

XSD

Python

Matlab

R Scripts

Weka

Updating phpbb to latest version:
Am just talking about how I updated my phpbb3.0.2 to phpbb3.0.5 .Well, I have to mention first that updating your phpbb forums is so important. Updates always include bug fixes and security enhancement .it also sometimes includes some performance fixes too.

You find phpbb changes and converters here : phpbb project

Changes include two parts first are changes in code which includes php codes files and styles files .There are two main styles exists with the original phpbb3 which are prosilver and subsilver2,if you are using a custom style you may take in mind that these styles is extended from one of these two base styles , if not you will need to ask the designer to update it for you . The second changes are database updates. You will have to download update packages from sourceforage. Copy the install folder to your root phpbb and run installation.

But this is in the normal cases, but my case was different, I have a lot of mods installed on my phpbb version .So what you do in such case? The best solution I see is to download the latest version of each mod, and install the latest phpbb package. Add the mods to this package, this step take time but it is sometimes the best and safest way especially when your phpbb is old. Old phpbb means there have been a long time you didn’t do any efforts to update it so you have a lot of code changes , editing the code files and apply the changes will be a nightmare specially that you may do mistakes while editing process .
The last part in updating phpbb , is updating your phpbb database, this part is so simple you need only run the database_update.php included in your update package.

If you are interested about modded phpbb packages. (Package which already have added mods). You can find it here. modded phpbb

Author:
Mastermind
User avatar Posts: 2715
Have thanks: 74 time

bb.txt open error

Author:

??

Author:
Mastermind
User avatar Posts: 2715
Have thanks: 74 time

Related Posts  to : Update phpbb to latest version with mods