Total members 11890 |It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:30 am Login / Join Codemiles

Java

C/C++

PHP

C#

HTML

CSS

ASP

Javascript

JQuery

AJAX

XSD

Python

Matlab

R Scripts

Weka

What is JavaFX?
JavaFX is a family of products for creating rich internet applications (RIA) with immersive media and content, across all the screens of your life. It includes a runtime and a tools suite that web scripters, designers and developers can use to quickly build and deliver the next generation of rich interactive applications for desktop, mobile devices, TV, and other platforms.

JavaFX tools suite will provide a suite of developer and authoring tools that bridge the gap between user experience design and development logic, providing designers and developers unprecedented collaboration opportunities. Find out more about JavaFX at the Sun Developer Network.

Open Source

Sun is committed to open source as part of its business model. Key elements of JavaFX are in open source today, and provide customers and partners the proven benefits and security of vendor independence and lower total cost of ownership.

The JavaFX compiler, parts of the graphics libraries and tools are available now from the OpenJFX
Code:
(http://openjfx.org)
web site, under the GPL 2.0 open source license.

The JavaFX compiler and JavaFX tools will continue to be developed in the open and the current JavaFX Preview SDK libraries will remain on openjfx.java.sun.com. Sun is committed to delivering enhancements to the JavaFX platform and to this end will continue internal development and reconcile key elements with the open source builds, with future releases of the JavaFX platform.

Author:
Mastermind
User avatar Posts: 2715
Have thanks: 74 time

I am a total newb when it comes to Java FX, I have some experience with HTML, Perl and CSS but I've never messed with Java before. I am playing a game where you have to repair or add on to little JavaFX applications as challenges in the game. It is a lot of fun and I have learned some things, but I have hit a wall and can't figure out how to do something now. I've searched the Sun site and other Java sites and can not find the answer

So there is this little app called a screen saver, where graphics randomly dsl internet service float around on the screen. There are tons of files in this app but I think the important ones are Main.fx, Screensaver.fx and ImageParticle.fx.Web Hosting I have figured out how to add my own images to the app. They float randomly around the screen, an action which I believe is controlled by the ImageParticle.fx file.

I would like my images to slowly rotate as they float around. There are other images in the app that are also controlled by the ImageParticle.fx file, I don't want those to rotate.

So here is a snip of the code that I used to insert the images

Code:

java code
//My Code, inserts new images into the app
var ip = ImageParticle {
imageView: ImageView {
image: Image {
url: "{__DIR__}resources/hector4.png"
}
}
}
particleSystem.createPointParticle(ip, 450, 350);
var ip1 = ImageParticle {
url: "{__DIR__}resources/alienteapot4.png"
}
}
}
particleSystem.createPointParticle(ip1, 205, 125);
var ip2 = ImageParticle {
url: "{__DIR__}resources/Baron4.png"
}
}
}
particleSystem.createPointParticle(ip2, 95, 220);
var ip3 = ImageParticle {
url: "{__DIR__}resources/dotcup4.png"
}
}
}
particleSystem.createPointParticle(ip3, 500, 170);
var ip4 = ImageParticle {
url: "{__DIR__}resources/orangecup4.png"
}
}
}
particleSystem.createPointParticle(ip4, 175, 330);
//end my code

Is there any way to add a command to make those images slowly rotate? I'm so new to this I really don't know how else to ask the question. Please please help?

Last edited by Helma on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Author:
User avatar Posts: 5
Have thanks: 0 time

Related Posts  to : What is JavaFX
 Create new file with JavaFX     -  
 JavaFX Program to display IE Favorites web pages     -  

Topic Tags

Java FX