Total members 11890 |It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 am Login / Join Codemiles

Java

C/C++

PHP

C#

HTML

CSS

ASP

Javascript

JQuery

AJAX

XSD

Python

Matlab

R Scripts

Weka

Hi all,

I've been learning PHP and SQL slowly over the past couple of weeks for a project (so please be gentle!).

I have a database, MEMBERS, as follows:
Code:
PHP Syntax (Toggle Plain Text)

ID | Name | Job Title | Current Employer | State | Manager
      1 | Joe Smith | Sample Title | Big Company | CA | No

There are several thousand entries and I wish to count them. I have a GET search page where a person can search for any of the fields, eg. ID, Name, Title, etc. It works as intended. So if I search for a job title, it returns all IDs, names, etc associated with that job title.

However, I also want to show a Results Summary somewhere on the results page that also counts the number of unique results.

Eg. I search for Developer:

Job Title:
Software Developer (835)
I.T. Developer (500)
Developer (233)

Current Employer:
Friendly Company (200)
Analyze This (145)

State:
CA (456)
TX (340)

Manager:
Yes (200)
No (2500)

The best example I can think of is SimplyHired.com where you enter a search term and it summarizes all the fields.

Further, for the sake of narrowing the results, I want to click on each link and then limit the results based on that condition. Eg. If I click on Friendly Company (200), it will then update the search results page with entries only applicable to that company, and all other row counts for each column heading would adjust accordingly. Eg. find and count unique job titles in Friendly Company, states, etc.

I understand that this might be an onerous request so if someone could kindly point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks!

Author:
User avatar Posts: 1
Have thanks: 0 time

Related Posts  to : Unique Row Count Across Columns
 Three different columns Frameset     -  
 Generate Unique Id As String     -  
 Randomly generated rows and columns in Array     -  
 SQL COUNT Command     -  
 String char count     -  
 count elements in a vector     -  
 Return words count in a string     -  
 count the number of files in directory & its sub directories     -