Here are some SEO advices for beginners i can say.
First of all i am in this field for over 3 years. I can say that i don't like the time spent and that's why i hired someone. But before that here is what i have manage to learn:
1. Link Directories - Good only for PR (google case) Example: I paid about 300$ for links on many directories, on PR3-5 pages. All good. When google crawled some of them the PR went to 1 or 2. Conclusion - Don't waist your time too much and especially the money on those.
2. Social Bookmarking - 100 digs for some pages Example: I had a Web 2.0 Design Tutorial website and got about 100 digs for some articles, technorati, del.icio.us and so on. When checking backlinks digg.com showed only 5 of them. Conclusion - Pretty good but make sure your article is 110% original.
3. Article Submission - 20 articles on "famous" article directories Example: As i was writing the tutorials i thought "let's publish them". Backlinks - very few after so much work
4. Link Exchange websites - Paid about 50$/monthly for 3 link exchange websites. Example: I added my website to this websites and received about 400 links every month. I added a link exchange script with the "nofollow" attribute ON. I even added the disallow rule in .htaccess. All good so far. After 3 months i got about 10 emails from different people asking me to remove their links because their sites were banned from Google. Conclusion: Don't do this kind of link exchange.REALLY DON'T. Your link will end on a 100 link page which of course will end to banning from Google and who knows others too.
5. Paid Traffic - About 50$/monthly for as they said " 3000 unique visitors" Example - Because i did not had the time to surf other websites i paid for this services. Conclusion: Google Analytics was telling me that from 3000 visitors/monthly i got only 200 from that site. Alexa was the only one who showed that i had heavy traffic. But if you don't pay for 1 month the Alexa rank will go down too. Don't waist your time with this.
Hello very useful tips about seo for beginners.. SEO Techniques are a set of specific tasks that would be performed by a Search Engine Optimization Company, when employed by a Client who desires high search engine positions to attract targeted traffic, with the intention of increasing their conversion rates and brand awareness. Effective Website Optimization should enable the Search Engines to Index a site, utilising the most relevant keywords, related to the content which is promoting the goods and services offered by the Client. Implementing successful SEO Techniques require's an extensive knowledge of logic and a very good understanding of the targeted market sector.